Dear Grant–4 Months

     Baby Grant! You are officially out of the “newborn” stage! Of course…you will always be a baby to me, but you are getting very big boy this month. I’m a little late with this update, but school started back, and we are all dragging. You are still the most pleasant little baby, and we all love you to pieces!
IMG_0944[1]
     You started school this month! With Mama starting back to school, you did too, and you have been amazing! I don’t mind to tell you that I am handling going back to work and sending you to school much better than I did the first time. I know how very very loved you are, and I know how wonderful school will be for you! Your teachers love you, and with only three babies right now, you are getting all.the.snuggles.
     You are a super eater and player and roller and sleeper and all around joy. You are finally done being swaddled (sort of) and doing so great! You have been such a good roller that swaddling just wasn’t a good choice anymore. I was so nervous the first few times I checked on you and you were on your belly, but you just roll right over and stay asleep. What’s a mom to do?
     We tried a little cereal this month, and even though it wasn’t a favorite, you tolerated it alright, and I think we’ll be trying again soon. We’ve also had to start burping you three times per bottle because you’ve been pretty spitty, but it’s helped so much, and you’re such a good eater that it doesn’t add too much time to a bottle. You’re starting to get very grabby and really wanting to play with things. This is such a fun stage, and I can’t wait to see what you learn!
IMG_0984[1]  IMG_0986[1]
I. Can’t.
     The first day of school was too much. Plaid shorts? Polo shirt? Get. Out. It is one of my greatest joys as a mother to see other people love on my babies, and getting to see it every day with your teachers almost makes me cry…every day. You are so so so loved.
IMG_0822[1]  IMG_0836[1]
First beach trip…success.
     We spent a week at the beach, and I could not have asked you to do better. It sounds like I’m just bragging on you, but you really are just that good…usually.  You and I didn’t have a ton of beach time, but you handled the change in routine better than I thought you would. You were content to hang out in your bouncer and be held (a lot), and slept in your pack and play like a dream. I’m not even ready for what next year will be like.
Loves
Eating
Sitting up
Being carried (facing out)
Your fingers
Your lovies
IMG_0924[1]
Davis loves you so much. He always wants to help with you and talk to you and read to you.
StatsLength: 25 in (about 50th percentile)
Weight:14 lb. 15 oz. (a little below 50th percentile)
Head: 44 cm. (98th percentile)
Eating: 6 oz. every 3 hours (4 if you’re asleep…but mostly 3)
Sleeping: 7:00/7:30 – 5:30/6:00 with a nap about 2 hours after you eat (and napping so great at school!)
     You are getting much more smiley this month. When you’re really sleepy you belly laugh at everything, and it is so precious! You are pretty mellow, which is surprising to all the people who warned me about that second child. It may be coming, but for now we are soaking it all up.
IMG_0949[1]  IMG_0947[1]  IMG_0943[2]
IMG_0946[1]  IMG_0958[1]  IMG_0948[1]
I really do think you and Davis are the prettiest boys I’ve ever seen.

IMG_1449  IMG_0952[1]
Four months. What are we going to do?
IMG_0406 IMG_0617
IMG_0786 IMG_0951[1]
Too much.

No comments