I cannot believe that we are this close to Christmas! Yesterday I shared lots of fun ideas that we’ve been looking at for Davis this year, so today I thought I’d share a little of what I’ve got my eye on for myself! Usually I am the very last one to turn a list in to my mother (who begins asking in August), and this year was no exception. I did however find some things that I am excited about…and may buy for myself after Christmas!
1. Fiesta Baking Dishes – We registered for Fiesta place settings when we got married, and I could not love them more. We didn’t register for the baking dishes because I felt like we should be more practical, and our plain old Pyrex still works like a dream. Howeverrrrr…anytime I make something to take somewhere, I find myself wishing I had a prettier dish to set out. Enter this gorgeous shamrock 9x13 and poppy 9x9. These aren’t the colors of our place settings, but I have visions of a mix and match Fiesta shelf in my future forever home butler’s pantry. I thought these would be the perfect to add in a few new colors!
2. Christmas Fiesta – There is a great little pottery store right outside of town that has super good prices on open stock Fiesta, and they always have some Christmas dishes in stock. I’ve been buying the luncheon plates two at a time for a few years now, but Christmas is a good time to add to the collection. We don’t have any of the Christmas gusto bowls, but we have them in our regular dish colors , and I use them all.the.time. My ghost of Christmas future vision is replacing all of my regular dishes with Christmas for the season. Frivolous? Yes. Fun? Yes!
3. Mexican Blanket Scarf – I need another scarf like I need a hole in my head, but this one has been on my Etsy favorites list for months now. Keith would be appalled if I bought myself another scarf…but a gift is a whole different ball game!
4. Antelope Mohair Fringed Cuff – I saw this on Sheaffer Told Me To and could not resist adding it to the list! I can feel my husband rolling his eyes at this, but given that as we speak he has not one but two deer being mounted for the walls of our home…he can indulge me a fun bracelet!
5. Mustard and Fuchsia Floral Tunic – I love a good shroud and always have my eyes open for a fun new one to add to the collection. I don’t have a lot of floral, and I think this one would be good for most of the year. I love that the colors are bold and a little different…much like me.
6. The Walking Dead (Season 3) – To balance out all of the fun, girly stuff - a little zombie action! Keith and I love The Walking Dead, and I love being able to rewatch my favorites as often as possible. Because I’m a big dork.
7. Wood Watch – I’ve been eyeing the wood watch trend for awhile now, and having another option to add to my arm parties is just icing on the cake. This seemed like a good middle of the road option.
8. Teardrop Crystal Bracelet – Another eye roll from my husband…may I direct your thoughts back to the deer heads? I love a gaudy bracelet…or necklace…or earring, and this one definitely fits the bill!
I kind of thought I might do a post like this for Keith…but he asks for hunting things that I don’t understand…and wheelbarrows. I love that man.
We have no major plans between now and Christmas, and I could not be happier. I think we’re going to see the live nativity at our church tonight, but other than that, we are settled in. I’m hoping to squeeze a few more posts out of this year while I’ve still got time, but I can’t make any promises! If I don’t see you before Sunday…