Show & Tell: Happy January!

     It is not 2016.  This can’t be a thing, right?  I’m not all that old, but I distinctly remember the Y2K hoopla and was so sure that by now we would be living in the age of the Jetsons.  How many paragraphs and drawings did we do in school about what life would be like in the “future”?  I was so sure we would be like Zenon.  Oh well…life goes on.  I’m linking up with Momfessionals Blog for a little reintroduction.

Show and Tell Tuesday 2016

     First things first, I’m Allyson.  Wife to Keith.  Momma to Davis.  Teacher of third graders.  Those are a few of my hats.  I’ve been blogging here for a few years (somewhat intermittently), and every time I log back in, I remember why I love it…because I like talking.  I’ve been married to husbo (Marriage Tip #1: Call your husband “husbo";” he will love it.) for two and a half years.  He is the actual best.  I’ve been Davis’ mom for seven months.  He is also the actual best.  I’ve been teaching third grade for a year and a half (this is my third year of teaching).  Third graders are not always the actual best.

IMG_2706

 

     If you hang out here for awhile, expect me to talk about my baby, our new house, and my job.  I may occasionally even preach.  I blog sporadically even though I really love it.  I keep thinking I should be better about that.  That brings me around to those obligatory resolutions.  Every year I say I won’t make any and that I hate them…and then, in secret, I make some.  Let me preface my list by saying that I will not be crazy about these, and I will not beat myself up over them.  They’ll probably be broken in a week.

1. I have a read the Bible through in a year plan that I really want to do.  I started it last year and totally fell off the wagon, but I’m really going to try to do better this time.

2.  I have also forsaken my first love – reading.  I go and go and go all day long, and when I get home I just want to turn my brain off, but I love to read and have several books that I want to start (and several to finish).

3.  I’d like to blog more.  This kind of goes along with the whole turning my brain off thing.

4.  I have some house projects I’d like to tackle.  I need to make a list.

     I am so excited for this year!  Keith and I will have been married for three years!  Our sweet baby will turn ONE!  We’re going back to the beach!  There is so much to look forward to, and I’m crossing my fingers that I can document it better…

3 comments

Caits Cozy Corner said...

so glad to have met you! this is such a great post! hope you check my blog out as well!

Ash said...

girl...you are funny! Thanks for the laugh. Third graders....bless you! Nice to "meet" you!http://smialeklife.blogspot.com

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Loved this post and loved getting to know you more!
I teach middle school and they are for sure NOT the actual best!
My oldest is a 3rd grader, so fun you teach 3rd grade!
Here is my post, just an intro...haven't done my goals....yet! :)
http://thelarsonlingo.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html