Friday Favorites

     I have got to get on some sort of schedule with this blogging thing.  Every time I post, I’m reminded how much I love it, but every afternoon after work I’m reminded of how much I love turning my brain totally off.  I’ll figure it out one of these days…#imlying.
     But let’s not dwell on that.  I know I’m squeaking this in at the last minute, but Friday is a time for favorites!  Let’s get down to talking about some of my favorites.  This is my favorite time of year, and right now, everything is a favorite, but I’m going to narrow it down for you.

one

IMG_0022

     This squishy, little peanut is going to be six months old next week.  He is my favorite favorite.  I can’t even believe that the growling, sitting, squealing, almost crawling wild thing in the floor is the same baby!  He is so fun and so silly and just the best little part of our family.

IMG_2097

two

12246869_1207452399270564_4447497514903885549_n

     So this happened…y’all, I can’t even explain how over-the-moon excited he was over this.  Definitely Keith’s latest favorite.  As I type, this guy (the deer, not the husband) is at the taxidermist being mounted.  That’s right, full shoulder mount.  I’m embracing it.  Also, he promised that it could be decorated for Christmas every year.  Welcome home, Rudolph.

three

     No pictures because I was too busy eating everything in sight, but Thanksgiving.  Food is one of my faaaaaaaaaavorites, and the family’s not so bad either.  This year has been so special, and I have been extra thankful for my sweet, little turkey.  As good (really good) as the food is, how much greater is that incredible peace that comes from being thankful?  I have been reminded so much lately of what there is to be thankful for.  Even when circumstances are not what I would prefer or when I’m frustrated or when things are overwhelming, there is always something to be thankful for.  I love carving (see what I did there?) out a special day to be thankful, but every every every day is bringing so much to be thankful for.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.  Colossians 3:15

four

IMG_3601

     It’s been Christmas here for a few weeks now!  All we have left to do is get our real tree (tomorrow).  I am so looking forward to having our first real tree since we’ve been married.  Once everything is all done and lit, I’ll have to get back to you with some pictures.  I have loved having a new place to decorate and am so happy with how everything is looking.  It is so perfect, and every one of my shelves has a sprinkling of Christmas.  What more could I ask for?

     Happy Friday! I hope yours was what you wanted it to be…maybe a little shopping?  Or if you’re more like me…pajamas all day and nonstop Hallmark/Lifetime movies.  Tomorrow we’re decorating my mother’s tree, and then Keith and I are getting ours!  I’m on a holiday high, and I don’t plan on coming down any time soon!

No comments