New House: The Before Kitchen

     Keith and I are loving our new house, and we have had the best time making it our own!  I would definitely not call this house a fixer upper, but there is quite a bit that we want to do.  So far, we have tackled the kitchen, the dining room, and part of the living room.  We love coming home to a place that feels more like our own.  Let’s turn back time (bonus points to you if you just sang that like Cher) and take a look at what we were working with in the kitchen.

IMG_1431

This is the view from the corner by door to the garage. Directly behind me is the laundry room.

IMG_1433

Just slightly turned from the picture above. The laundry room is to my right now.

IMG_1434

Now my back is to the living room…which is almost ready to show you!

IMG_1437

I promise our house is level…apparently the camera was not.

IMG_1438

By the time I got around to taking these, we had already slapped some samples on the walls.

IMG_1440

I love this little laundry room.  That door leads to the back deck.

IMG_1441

These two doors…our first projects.

IMG_1442  IMG_1444

When we first saw this house, the family living here had been using that teeny, tiny, skinny closet as the pantry.  The big one was a coat closet.  I don’t know if maybe they didn’t cook a lot or were part plant and lived on water and sunshine, but I need more space for my food.  Right after we moved in, Keith and my brother-in-law picked up a shelf kit and turned the big closet into a spacious and beautiful pantry…that makes more sense than a coat closet.

     As much as we all loved the brownish gold (except not), my new kitchen is much more me.  Is anyone here taking bets on how long it will take me to write that post? 

No comments