Spring Break and Cookies

     Now that Spring Break has come to its inevitable end boo and we’ve finally settled down from Easter, it’s probably time for a little recap.  Let’s back up to the beginning of Spring Break.  Keith’s floor at the hospital was kind enough to host a baby shower for us, and we had the best time loving on baby Davis.  We got some of the most precious things for him, and I am so excited to see him in them!  As a little thank you, I made them a plate of cookies and sent them by Keith with a stack of thank you cards.  But let’s talk about those cookies…

DSCF4315
This is probably less than half of the batch.
     I came across this recipe for Dishpan Cookies on Pinterest, and was immediately intrigued.  (1) They were huge and sounded delicious and were mixed in a dishpan. (2) They didn’t require a stand mixer.  I can’t tell you how many delicious-looking recipes I’ve seen that I’ve had to file away until I feel like selling my soul for a stand mixer.
     I’m not going to recap the whole recipe for you…it’s right there, but I will offer a few bits of advice.  First, the batter is very thick.  There’s every chance it will burn up your hand mixer.  You may want to mix it as well as you can with a (sturdy) spoon before you turn your mixer on.  Second, use the largest bowl you own.  There is a reason these are dishpan cookies…I actually used a dishpan because I was afraid my bowls would runneth over.  Third, this recipe makes a lot of cookies. I made them slightly smaller than the 1/4 cup the recipe used and had close to 3 dozen.  Suffice it to say that I’m now obsessed with these cookies.  They are so good.  Go make them now.

DSCF4302
He who forms the mountains, who creates the wind, and who reveals his thoughts to mankind, who turns dawn to darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth-- the LORD God Almighty is his name. – Amos 4:13

     I know we already talked about our babymoon, but what’s a little more?  My mind is still in the mountains.  I love to be in places that are so different from what I’m use to.  I also love to be in places where pancakes are a food group and Christmas stays year round.  On that note, we got the sweetest little ornament for Davis.  It’ll be front and center on the tree this year.

     After all the excitement (or relaxation of Spring Break), we’re back to the daily grind.  We have about seven weeks left of the school year, and I’m torn between thinking it’s going to drag on or fly by.  Around this time of the year, I have to remind myself to stay present…mentally.  It’s so easy to check out, but that kind of attitude just contributes to feeling worn out.  Please don’t think that I’m some sort of teaching super star.  This year has been hard, and there is a lot that I’ve needed to do better, but I have got to do my best to stay with it.  Wendy Work Whiners always seem more tired and frazzled, and we all know a preggo doesn’t need any help in that department.  PLUS, His mercies are new every morning.  I may need to write this one down and carry it with me everywhere.
     I’ve still got an Easter recap to share with you and that nursery reveal is coming up too.  Look at me, blogging like I have it all together…hold on to that image.

No comments