Friday Favorites

     But first a confession…I’ve started typing two (which is kind of a big deal for me) posts since my last one (also coincidentally titled Friday Favorites), and haven’t finished either one.  That being said, I do have a baby update to post and a nursery reveal, and I’ve done some cooking lately.  If I were a good blogger, that would be about four posts.  We’ll see. 

On to my faves…

DSCF4298

     Oh the mountains.  Keith and I took a little babymoon to Gatlinburg for the first part of my spring break, and as always, the mountains were just the most.  Surely you know by now that I love the beach, love.  Even still, the mountains are always just so incredible, love.  #mountainsaremylovelanguage #thebeachismylovelanguage #vacationismylovelanguage

IMG_1419IMG_1433IMG_1457
Also the food.  I just love the food.  (From top left: breakfast at Puckett’s Grocery and Restaurant, blueberry pancakes at Pancake Pantry, and chicken parmesan at Crystelle Creek)

DSCF4305

     Even though I feel like I’ve had the best pregnancy, it was still so nice to do some real relaxing before baby Davis gets here. 

     Speaking of baby Davis, his nursery is finished!  We need the tiniest details, but if he showed up tomorrow (although, please don’t), he would be set in his first little room.  I can’t do a full reveal, because I have some people to show it to in real, live person, but I can’t wait!

IMG_1417
Just a sneak peek.

     And my most favorite favorite of all…

Image-1
“It is finished,” Amen.

     I love Christmas.  You already know that…but I can’t even describe how thankful I am that the story didn’t end in Bethlehem.  In fact, it still isn’t over.  Easter always takes me back when I think that the world mourned His death over 2,000 years ago, but he reminded us in three days that He is coming back.  He came back to show victory over death, and He’ll be back again.
     A few days ago I was having a little moment and was telling myself that I was so overwhelmed.  Right then, He told me that I was not overwhelmed and I certainly didn’t need to be because we’re overcomers…because He already overcame.  We don’t have to be mired down by this world, because He’s already won.  I would be lying if I said I always had this attitude, but I should.  That’s what we can claim.  Not that we are strong, incredible people who live on our own strength, but that when ours runs out, His never does.  Where I fail (daily) He never does.  Where I’m overwhelmed, He has overcome.  How can I not be thankful?

     I hope y’all have such a great Easter and are reminded over and over about His love for us.  He’s coming back for you!  Enjoy your egg hunts.  Eat amazing food.  Love that time with your family, but let’s don’t forget His promise!  Happy Easter!

No comments