I should have titled this “We Eat This Way Too Often,” because we do…but it’s so good. Allow me to introduce you to my little friend – Krystal Burger Casserole.
This recipe is sooooo easy (would I tell you how to do anything more difficult?). Let’s jump in. If I could actually jump into this stuff I totally would.
1. Gather your stuff. Let me break it down for you:
2 cans of crescent rolls
1 lb. of ground beef
American cheese (enough to cover at least half…or all if you want)
Notice how I didn’t measure? You don’t even have to. That’s right! Toss those measuring spoons back into the drawer.
2. Brown your ground beef. While it’s working, toss in a palmful of dehydrated onion. When it’s done cooking, drain.
3. In the bottom of a casserole dish, roll out 1 of your cans of crescent rolls.
4. Pour on your ground beef/onion mixture. Then toss on your pickles (as many as you like…for me that’s about 258,521), do a big squiggle of mustard, and place your cheese slices. I usually do half cheese and half not, but it’s totally up to you.
5. Top all of that deliciousness with your other can of crescents.
6. Bake according to the directions on the crescents. Tip: I usually leave mine in a little longer so that the crescents are fully done.
This masterpiece tastes just like a Krystal burger. So, so good. If you eat this and don’t love it, I’ll help you find a taste bud transplant doctor.
This is on our menu probably once a month. It is so easy, and can be tossed together really quickly even if you’ve been working or busy all day. Did I mention it tastes just like a Krystal burger?! It does. Cook. Eat. Thank me later.