Now that my blog posts are so few and far between, I feel like maybe I should just send out some general life updates other than the typical, “I’m so busy,” or “Teacher life blah blah blah.” I do stay pretty busy, and I do teach, but that is not my whole life, and what is the point of blogging if not to share with you the actual busy part? So let’s have an update, shall we?
1. I’ve been married for seven months…and I still haven’t finished my album. I’m putting together a beautiful lay-flat album (from here), but it’s fairly time consuming, and I can’t just sit down for several hours a day to finish it. When I do, I will definitely be doing a full recap. Until then, you’ll have to be satisfied with this -
2. We don’t have a headboard on our bed…it looks like college kid furniture, BUT we have bought several old, old, hand split shingles that Keith is going to turn into a headboard. I can’t wait. I would show you a picture, but it just rained here and now the shingles are soaked…so it looks miserable. I feel so hip, like a real, trendy DIY blogger. Except I’m more of a MHBIFM (my-husband-built-it-for-me) blogger.
3. I had my last announced observation at work this week – woop woop! I’ll have one more unannounced, and then I’m free…for this year anyway. Contrary to my normal behavior, I’m not even stressed about it. It is what it is (according to my mother’s newest coffee cup anyway). This year has challenged and stretched me in ways I did not even know were possible, and I honestly can’t believe we’re over halfway through.
4. We’re going to a Super Bowl Sunday School fellowship tonight (go Peyton Manning!), and I have made this lovely looking thing:
I’m aware that it’s hideously ugly. That’s sort of my thing – making ugly food that tastes good. This gem is called Cookies in a Cloud, and if you can’t wait for me to recount the recipe, you can find it here.
5. I have puppy fever – bad. We’re not allowed to have pets in our apartment, but I am just squealing over puppy pictures on Pinterest.
I don’t know where this little guy came from, but I want him. Right now.
6. The Walking Dead comes back next week. That doesn’t require any more explanation. Can’t. Wait.