Bacon Wrapped Everything

     So if I were one of the Seven Dwarves (side note…it’s spelled “Dwarfs” on the cover of Snow White…weird), I would be Cheesy…or Corny…or maybe just Dopey.  Hold on…you’ll see in a minute. 
     Right now my house is Christmas chaos.  One tree down, two to go, and other stuff just half up (or down depending on how optimistic you feel).  As sad as I am to see my first married Christmas go, there is just something so special about this time of year.  I am never happy to take down Christmas, but this time of year always makes me feel so hopeful and optimistic – like anything can happen (I know…Cheesy, Corny, Dopey…I’ll let you know which one I settle on).

DSCF4223
Christmas Chaos…or New Year’s Optimism?

     I am so excited for the upcoming year!  I just know it’s going to be a good one.  Even though I’m not sure how it’ll top this past year, but I’m pretty sure it will.  Keith and I have been busy busy discussing some plans and things we’d like to do this year, and I cannot wait!
     Now that I’ve spent a few minutes looking forward, let’s hit rewind for a quick look at Christmas.  Was yours fabulous?  I hope you got to spend time with your family and eat tons of great food!  Mine was just as wonderful.  Apparently in our house Christmas is “Cover Everything in Bacon Day,” and my first experience making bacon wrapped crackers was a rousing success – so so good.  I kind of want to make more just to eat…alone…and not share.

IMG_0761
via my Instagram (follow me @allycami)

     Have we covered everything?  Optimism bordering on the cheesy – check.  Bacon wrapped everything – check.  Christmas chaos – double check.  I know I’ve said it once, but I hope you’ve had just the best Christmas season and are just as excited for the new year as me.  Maybe 2014 will be the year of my triumphant return to the blogosphere…………………….

2 comments

The Charlie A. Blog said...

i wish me and my family had more "cover everything in bacon" days! that looks delicious!

new follower/reader!
- charlie a.
http://thecharlieablog.blogspot.com

Penniless Socialite said...

Haha. I am jealous...I have to still take down ALL my christmas stuff.
Tara
Penniless Socialite
J. Crew Gift Card Giveaway!