Five on Friday

     It’s been a long time since I’ve done a fun linky party, so I’m jumping back in with one I’ve been reading for quite awhile – Five on Friday.

1.  Y’all Christmas is seriously almost here!

Walter Dymond, groundskeeper of Harold Lloyd’s estate, Greenacres, with the Lloyd Christmas tree.  He was responsible for the construction of the Christmas tree from two trees (wiring the branches of one into the other), and placed the ornaments where Mr Lloyd directed.  The tree remained up, all year ‘round. - (1972)
via

     I am so ready!  I will be cramming three full-size trees into my not-so-full-size home.  I have my white tree, a silver tree, and I have got to get on the ball and buy an actual Christmas tree.  I also have about five million boxes of décor to unpack…so excited!

2.  Thanksgiving is almost here!

     Thanksgiving is one of my favorites, and I am so excited to hang out with family and cook and eat (and eat and eat and eat).  I haven’t decided what all I’ll be cooking, but I will be sure to share it with you when I do.  I’m thinking maybe corn mush (don’t let the name turn you off it’s divine) and/or paradise salad (also divine) and possibly this casserole that has been haunting my Pinterest.

3.  Why are breaks so much faster than work weeks?!

     I’ve been on fall break all week, and my brain has done a blissful nothing.  Next week will be a rude awakening I’m sure…


via

     Switch that to “fall break,” and it’s exactly right.

4.  My Christmas list is looking pretty slim…

     My mother keeps asking me for ideas, and I am so lost…

Tortoise shell necklace
via

     I’m having a tortoise shell love affair right now…I am loving this necklace (and that wildly expensive Michael Kors tortoise shell watch), but other than this cute…my list is pretty bare.  Any ideas?

5.  I’ve been married for four months!

Mcguire Wedding 6-22-330
Photo credit: Sarah Linnea Photography

     …and I still haven’t finished my album.  I’ve been loving looking at all my pictures, but I have got to finish the album.  We’re ordering a lay-flat photo book that I will probably look at fifteen times a day…I’ve got to get on the ball.

3 comments

The Pink Growl said...

awww I love that wedding pic!

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

happy 4 months! such a cute pic!! and i love that necklace! i've always had a thing for good ol' tourtise shell!!! ;)

hope you had the loveliest friday!
xx
elise

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and fun wedding pic! I also like that tortoise necklace! Have a great weekend!