Throw Pillows and Laziness

     Boo.  I stink at this whole blogging thing these days.  A whole month without a post…so lame.  Let me at least offer a teeny excuse.  School started (almost a month ago), and I don’t think I’ve stopped moving since.  I am loving my little first graders, but it is honest to goodness the most challenging thing I’ve ever done.  Hello…I’m supposed to be teaching these children to READ and be in big kid elementary schoolNo pressure or anything though. 
     I’m going to ease back into this sharing my life thing…but don’t fret…I have two recipes to share with you soon (please don’t ask me to define “soon”).

IMG_0100I finally have throw pillows!  Y’all, I agonized for weeks (not a dramatization) over what to put on my couch.  I had the little, rectangle pillow for awhile and knew that I needed a little pattern and a little color, but I didn’t want to overwhelm or clash with anything else in the room.  One of these days I’ll have to put all the pieces together and show you the whole room.  I am loving my bird pillow (ironic since I don’t care for birds) and the classy orange to pull it all together.  Bonus?  All of these pillows were on big, fat clearance! Thanks, TJ Maxx!

IMG_0619
Keith doesn’t have the same feelings I do about the pillows.  I have to tear down this wall daily…

IMG_1085
Hello, gallery wall.  I know it’s not super full a la Young House Love’s hallway, but this picture is not doing it justice.  I most love all of the personal details.  Those antlers are from one of Keith’s deer (mounted on one of the leftover wood circles from our wedding), and the little star I bought in Texas.  Everything else (except for the M) is a hand-me-down or straight-up stolen out of family members’ storage.

IMG_6497
I kind of think this angle looks better…

     Now if I could just get my hands on some curtains I would be set for life…or the duration of our lease.  In totally unrelated news, I am almost done organizing my wedding album!  I seriously could look at the pictures all day – in love!

P.S. the next time it looks like I’m going to be gone for a month…please talk me out of it!!

No comments