Remember That Time…

     Remember that time I told you I was going to tell you all about my honeymoon and wedding…and then I didn’t?  Wellllll…these things happen.  Better late than never I guess.
     Before the wedding, Keith and I weren’t even sure if we were going to take a honeymoon right away.  We weren’t too sure about his job, etc. and thought that we might wait until the fall and take a long weekend somewhere.  Enter my sister and brother-in-law who introduce us to Travelzoo.  They found a great deal for a trip to New Orleans (where I’ve been trying to convince Keith to go for awhile), so we decided to big, fat, copy cat and snag the same deal for ourselves.  We spent two nights in the Maison St. Charles hotel and three days wandering around eating everything in sight.
     If  you haven’t been…go now.  Walk around and eat and take pictures of everything.  The houses in the Garden District are incredible.  I wanted to knock on the door of every single one and ask for a tour, but according to Keith “that’s crazy.”

DSCF3719DSCF3720DSCF3721DSCF3729
I don’t have a ton of pictures of the two of us because Keith is not a picture fan…and is also not a fan of me just running onto the porches of random houses.

     The food…oh the food, where do I begin?  Go everywhere.  Eat twelve meals a day if you can, and then go back for more.  There are about a million and twelve places to eat, so there is no reason that you couldn’t find something that suits you.

DSCF3732DSCF3756DSCF3758DSCF3873DSCF3956DSCF3959DSCF3960DSCF4101DSCF4102
Clearly this was the most important part of the trip…
From top left: Muffalettas at Tracey’s; crawfish etouffe and grilled shrimp at Mulate’s; beignets and café au lait at Café du Monde; raw oysters, shrimp remoulade, and jambalaya pasta at Pier 424; gumbo, jambalaya, and crawfish pie at Remoulade.

     If you can move after eating everything in sight hightail it right to the French Quarter.  Eat some more and take pictures of everything.  (Noticing a theme here?)

DSCF3981DSCF4001DSCF3810DSCF3984DSCF3994DSCF4033
From top left:  Please get a cup of water to-go every time you leave a restaurant; take a picture of all the Blue Dogs you see; listen to live music (even if it’s in the middle of the road); walk through the French Market (avoid pigeons); and visit the St. Louis Cathedral.

     I’ve already told Keith we need to go back sometime in the fall…or now.  If you can’t tell from the extreme picture overload, we had the best time.  I promise (for real this time) that I’ll be back soon with the secret to newlywed life.  I hope you don’t think I’m serious (about the secret not about being back).

2 comments

Sarah @ To Be Mrs. Collier said...

Yey! Honeymoon fun! NOLA is on of those places I've always wanted to visit!

Kerrie Williams said...

I posted pictures from New Orleans this week too! It's a pretty fun city :)