Encouragement All Around

     With only forty days until the wedding, I am definitely starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I have been doing my best to enjoy my last carefree days before all the responsibility of being a real grown up gets here, but I’m just too excited!  This Saturday I had my first shower, and we had such a great time.  Keith’s aunts were kind enough to host a shower for his side of the family, and it could not have been sweeter.  I loved getting to meet so much of the family while they loved on us.

DSCF3674
I am not lying when I say this is the best picture of me from the whole day…

     I’m not going to bore you with billions of pictures of stuff, but I am so excited to start really building my home!  My kitchen is really starting to look like a real kitchen…I’ll have to get pictures soon.

     As per usual, I’m going to totally switch gears here.  Church this morning was incredible.  We sang “Down in the River to Pray,” which I absolutely love, and even though the sermon was more for mothers, it was so filled with resonant Biblical truth.  The sermon came out of James (one of my favorite books), but to illustrate a point, our pastor referenced a Lamentations 3:22 – 23.

22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

     I know I’ve heard this before, but today “we are not consumed” went straight to my heart.  I spend a lot way too much time saying that I feel overwhelmed, but the truth is that I cannot be consumed or overwhelmed or overtaken.  How’s that for encouragement?  I’m going to spend some time really meditating on that.  We are not consumed.

DSCF3681
This one is totally unrelated to the post, but too cute not to share.  I love this girl.

2 comments

Kerrie Williams said...

she is adorable!!

Unknown said...

"Down in the River to Pray" is one of my favorites as well! May His peace be manifest between your stress.