Just in Case

     Just in case you haven’t been keeping up with my 101 in 1001 (don’t worry…I forget about it too), here’s a little update/tutorial/bragging.  I did one of my Pinterest projects
     This little towel roll-up was a special request from my sister, and I am loving the way it turned out.  For all you non-sewers…don’t worry.  This was really easy (and could totally be done with fabric glue or Stitch Witchery.

Towel Roll Up

DSCF2958

     I know you’re thinking that this just looks like a folded hand towel, and while it sort of is, you’re missing the fun/usefulness!  Let’s do a quick how-to, shall we?

You will need
1 hand towel
thread
(optional) ribbon
(optional) button
(optional) elastic

DSCF2963

1.  With the back side of the towel facing up, fold from the bottom up about 2/3 of the way.
2.  Measure across and mark (I used pins) about how wide you want your pockets to be.  Mine were roughly 6 inches apiece with four pockets, but you could have as many as you want.
3.  (If your thread and bobbin color match, skip this step)  Flip towel over and stitch from the edge of the pocket (you’ll have to go by feeling where it is) all the way to the bottom.
4.  Repeat step 3 until all pockets are sewn.
Note:  This project could be finished here.  I didn’t add any of the cutesies for my brother-in-law’s towel, because men generally don’t care about the fixins.
5.  If you’re not done, stitch a length of cute ribbon along the right hand side of the front of the towel.

DSCF2959
I know the ribbon’s stitching is not even…I’m calling it whimsy.

6.  Add a coordinating button.
7.  Roll towel up to about how big you think you’ll like it.  This is a matter of preference.  Loop elastic around the button and pull it around behind the back of the roll (stretching it pretty tightly).
8.  Tack elastic to the back of the towel (I stitched inside the pocket so you can’t see the untidy tacking.).

DSCF2964

9.  Roll up, secure, and marvel at how cute you are!

     These are so cute, and will definitely come in handy.  No one likes to search for a toothbrush that has sunk to the bottom of a bag.  With this, all of your things are right there together, and you can wipe y our mouth on it, dirty it up, and then just throw it in the wash!  Also…how cute would these be monogrammed?!  Reason #578 why I need one of those machines!

Where I Link Up
I Heart Nap TimePoofy Cheeks Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special TutusandTeaPartiesToo Much Time On My Hands

6 comments

Katie said...

i love it!! love the colors too!

Megan said...

This is so cute! I wish that I knew how to sew. I really should learn!

Jacqueline said...

What a cute idea Allyson! I need to add loops to all the kids towels so they can hang them up!

Unknown said...

how cute and fun! way to accomplish that!! i would be bragging too ;)

henning love said...

i want to have a sewing machine! there is so much cute stuff i would love to make if i had sewing machine. great project!

Ashley @ embracing the everyday said...

That's so cute! And I'm so impressed, girl--I have a million projects pinned but I've never actually done any of them! :)