Lately

     What I’ve been up to as of late…let’s go with a numbered list, shall we?

1.  What I’m Watching -
          Hatfields and McCoys – love!

 
via

      We DVRed the whole series and watched it a few days late.  As hard as it was to ignore everyone around me talking about it, it was so worth it.  This is one of those show you’ll want to watch again (pretty much as soon as it’s over).  I was kind of sad after the last episode; I wanted to keep watching!  In case you’re wondering…I’m definitely “Team Hatfield”…although I did like some of the McCoys.

2.  What I’m Reading -
          I just finished Interview with the Vampire – wow!

 
via

      This series is my mother’s absolute favorite.  It was at her begging encouragement that I read this.  This was the second time I started this book, and having finished it, but I don’t see how I didn’t finish it the first time!  I love a vampire book…or movie, and I just got so attached to these characters.  I’ve just started The Vampire Lestat, and I am so excited to really get into it.

3.  What I’m Sewing -
          …trick prompt.  I’m not actually working on anything right this second.  I already shared my bubble suit refashion, but I haven’t really done much since.  I do have a little Garanimals outfit that I’m going to spice up probably this week.  I can’t wait to show you!  It’s a yellow shirt, and I think I’ll put an ice cream cone or a popsicle on it (and there is a matching plaid skort)!

4.  What I’m Thinking -
          I probably need to book a wedding photographer.  June is a popular month, and photographers are going to get snapped up quick!  I have a few ideas.  I’m also thinking about doing engagement photos this summer – eeeeeeee!

5.  What I’m Loving -
          One of my daycare kids brought me a zucchini from her family’s garden!  She was so excited about it, and I thought it was just the sweetest thing.  We grilled some of it – yum.  I am still loving my job.  This week we’re studying Germany, and the kids are really into it.  They love learning the word of the week and hearing facts about all the countries.  It is really getting me excited about student teaching!

6.  What I’m Looking Forward To -
          First? The beach…obviously.  Second?  My Nana got me a gift certificate to get my nails done for my birthday.  While I never do my nails before the beach (because I don’t want to see them get ruined), the gift certificate is for a Shellac manicure, and I’m hoping the long-wear polish will last me through the beach.  If not, I do plan on getting it done a weekish before so I’ll have awhile to look at them.  I’m thinking I want a French manicure with colored tips.  Maybe a coral?

7.  What I’m Not Looking Forward To -
          You may have heard me mention my tooth-breaking incident in passing…if you haven’t, long story short – I fainted…and broke a tooth (my front tooth).  This summer my dentist is really wanting me to get my filling replaced with a crown.  I’m not really worried about the pain; the most painful part of the whole thing so far has been getting the shot to numb my mouth.  I’m just not excited about planning all 6584652165 office visits.  One to take out the filling, mold my teeth, and get a temporary crown (which had better look natural!).  Another a few weeks later to get it put in.  Not fun.  The upside?  Aside from having a sturdier tooth…I’ll whiten my teeth before the procedure, and since the crown won’t stain, I’ll have motivation to keep my teeth white and healthy.  I’m just hoping I won’t end up looking like Ross in that episode of Friends.


      Well lovelies, that’s pretty much all I have for today.  I’ll probably be back in a few days with my cute little outfit for Della.  I hope all of your summers are still going just swimmingly!

6 comments

Katie said...

I'd look forward to the beach too! definitely not the dentist - which reminds me I've been putting off an appointment for too long!

winetastegirl.com said...

My husband had me watch that series and I LOVED it although I think I was team McCoy :) If you have time, I'd love for you to stop by my post today on the high low dress fashion link up!
www.winetastegirl.com

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

I have yet to jump on the Hatfield and McCoy train... but as I am seeing it EVERYWHERE... I think I should start!

Megan said...

I don't enjoy the dentist either! It's always so awkward!!

Aunie said...

busy girl! hatfields and mccoys is on our to-watch list!

thanks for linking up last friday!

Mrs. in Memphis said...

we loved hatfields and mccoys too!