Mothers’ Day

     I’m a little late in getting this post up, but I don’t think that matters too much.  I don’t need a special day to honor my mother, but she definitely deserves one.

Mama,
     Thank you so much.  There is no way that I could put into words everything you deserve to be thanked for.  You have been an incredible mother for the past (almost) 25 years – 21 for me – and I feel so blessed to have moved into a season of friendship with you. 
     
     Thank you for putting every bit of your heart into Natalie and me; for loving us when we were like this:
scan0023
     
     and like this:
scan0022
     
     Thank you for teaching us how to behave like ladies…
scan0027
     
     and understanding when we needed to cut loose -
scan0020-1
(Please don’t be jealous of my all  denim ensemble.)

scan0026
(My sister – she still tilts her head like this when she’s talking.)
     
     You taught me all of life’s important lessons – including how to fend for myself,
scan0020-2
     
     a love of giant sunglasses,
scan0021-1
     
     and when to step back and give it a rest
scan0021
     
     I like to think my childhood was a lot like this…
scan0020-3
     
     but even if I’m stretching the truth…I’m glad we can always go back to this
scan0020
     
     We always joke about how the three of us are the same person, and I’m glad it’s not so much a joke as it is just laughing about the truth.  If I was going to turn into anyone, I’m so glad that it was you.  Thank you for everything you have done and still do and for everything still coming.  I love you a million!

     I hope all of you (mothers, daughters, grandmothers, granddaughters, and everybody else)  have had a wonderful Mothers’ Day.

5 comments

Unknown said...

this is so cute! i love all the pictures to go along with your sweet words :) just found your blog and i'm your newest follower - can't wait to read more!
love,
elisabeth

lori said...

this is SO, SO sweet. love all of the pictures!

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

Awwww - such adorable pictures!!! :)

Sarah said...

Precious pictures!

henning love said...

this is so precious allyson!!! thanks for sharing the photos