Tag! I’m It!

    I’m not sure if it’s part of the year just getting started or if this is a whole new part of the blog world that I’m just now seeing, but I am loving all of these “tags” and awards that are floating around! 
image
    
    Sweet Sheri at 1st Grade Rocks!!! tagged me, and I’m so thankful for the encouragement.  Every time I see a comment or a link, it gives me all kinds of warm fuzzies to think people are actually reading and following along.  Thank you Sheri!
    Recently I’ve found a ton of teaching blogs, and they are so inspiring and really making me ready to jump into my first classroom!
    Here we go!
        1.  You must post the rules.
        2.  Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
        3.  Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
        4.  Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
        5.  Let them know you’ve tagged them!

12 Fun Facts About Moi!

1.  I’m graduating college in the fall (one semester early) WooHoo!
2.  I’ll be getting married sometime next summer!
3.  I love love love love love the beach…Love.  I can’t wait for this summer.
4.  I mostly watch sitcoms, and I laugh out loud almost every time.
5.  Favorite food? Tomatoes.
6.  I’m so excited to be a teacher; I would love pre-k or kindergarten.
7.  My first major was secondary English education…I still may go back there someday.
8.  I love history.  It was always my favorite subject…I thought about teaching that too.
9.  I don’t have a “fancy” phone…and I kind of don’t want one.
10.  I want a black lab puppy.  Actually, I just want a little black puppy that looks like a lab. (I’m not desperate for a purebred dog with papers; rescue dogs are just as sweet!)
11.  Sometimes I think I overuse parentheses, ellipses, and exclamation marks.
12.  I laugh – a lot.

Sheri’s Questions

1.  Were you excited to be tagged?  I really was! Anytime somebody recognizes my little slice of the blogosphere I am really really thrilled!
2.  What are you doing right now while trying to write this post?  I’m watching TV…8 Simple Rules.  Old sitcoms are the only thing worth watching during the day.
3.  What subject do you feel like you rock at teaching and why?  Even though I’m not a full blown teacher yet, I really love teaching social studies.  I know it’s not a very big deal in schools anymore, but I think it has some really important implications for life outside of school.
4.  What grades have you taught? Again, still working in the confines of college, but I’ve taught classes in pre-k, 1st grade, and 2nd grade.
5.  Who is the person you go to for help when you need support at school?  The first person I (and any student) should ask is my CT (cooperating teacher); that’s what they’re there for. 
6.  Do you have a lot of after school meetings?  Well…I have class.
7.  What do you do for reading interventions? I just had a workshop about this yesterday!  I love the idea of working with word families through playing concentration or there are some really cute ideas about forming words with paint chips.  Also, we talk about repeat, clap, snap, whisper.  With any (or every) word (sight words are great too)  say it together, clap it out, snap it out, and then whisper it.  This way, students can say the words and practice breaking them up into phonemes. Check out my Pinterest!
8.  What is your favorite blog post?  Of my own…I’ve never thought about that!  I really like Did I Ever Tell You and Pre-Beach Craftiness (bet you can’t guess why)!
9.  Do you like comments on your blog posts?  Who doesn’t?! I really love reading them and getting to know all of you sweet bloggers!
10.  Are you a coffee person?  Let me tell you a little story – when I was two, my Jerry used to let me drink his coffee (because he drank coffee all day long)…and I never stopped.
11.  What is your favorite show to watch on television?  I really like Big Bang Theory.  As for the oldies but goodies, I love Friends, My Wife and Kids, reruns of Law and Order: SVU…I like a ton of stuff really.
12.  What great book have you read lately?  Like everyone else, I loved The Help, but fairly recently, I’ve also read Room, by Emma Donoghue, and I’m finally reading Gone With the Wind.

My Questions

1.  What is your favorite blog…or blogs?
2.  What do you really look for in a friend?
3.  What is your word of the year?
4.  What is your favorite part of blogging?
5.  What do you look for in a great blog?
6.  Do you have a favorite quote or a life verse?
7.  What is your favorite movie and why?
8.  Do you have a favorite or go-to outfit (casual, dressy, or otherwise)?
9.  Who is your celebrity crush?
10.  Who in your family inspires you and why?
11.  What is your preferred pet?
12.  Are you a late-sleeper or an early-riser?

Lucky Tag-ees
  
    Woooo…that was a long post!  I’m so excited to see what these lovely ladies come up with.  Thanks again, Sheri; I love your blog, and I’m so looking forward to continuing to read!


Allyson

8 comments

Sara said...

Just found your adorable blog! So glad to be a new follower!

Sara
Kindergarten Is A Hoot

Sheri said...

Love it Allyson!!! I also like your "Fun Facts #11!!" I'm SO guilty of that also.....but, oh well:)
Sheri
1st GRADE ROCKS!!!

Kelli Herrington said...

Thanks for stoping my blog I love visitors and getting to follow new blogger firends. This is cute and I will get to this Friday or Monday. Hope you have great week Doll

Allyson McGuire said...

Thank you so much for following along! I'm really glad to have you here!

Allyson McGuire said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Allyson McGuire said...

Thanks for stopping by! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Confessions Of A Southern Belle said...

Thanks so much for the tag! I finally got to it today! Hope you are having a great week!

Allyson McGuire said...

Your post was so cute! I loved reading it.