Sweet Southern Sundays

O

ne of the first things I noticed when I started browsing around the blogosphere was that there seemed to be an awfully big number of bloggers from the South.  Because I myself am from the South (West Tennessee to be more exact), I was curious about why all these southern ladies were flocking to the blog world.  Then it hit me - blogging is just another facet of southern hospitality.  Southern ladies have always been willing to invite others in and share life, and advances in technology have done nothing to quell that willingness. 
   Although I read blogs from all over (see my links), I find myself more drawn to the open, friendly atmosphere of blogs from the South.  These sweet ladies have done so much to inspire me on my own bloggy  journey, and I am thrilled to be featuring four of them in my first ever series -



    Every Sunday for the next few weeks I'll be posting a feature/review of some of my favorite sweet Southern blogs.  These ladies have graciously agreed to be featured on my little corner of the Internet and to send their readers this way!  Talk about classy! 
    Sunday the 8th, I'll be kicking off the series by featuring Rhoda and her incredible site Southern Hospitality.  This was one of the first blogs I started reading, and I still love it just as much as I did when I first found it!
    The next week, the 15th, I will be sharing Kendra's darling site, Southern Disposition.  She is so creative and shares her life in such a fresh, warm way.
    On the 22nd, I will be introducing you to Jennifer and Her Southern Charm.  This self professed "preppy, Southern housewife" not only makes some of the most adorable jewelry I've ever seen, but also lets us in on how she survives suburbia "with grace and charm."
    My last feature of the series, on the 29th, will be about sweet Kate at Southern Belle Simple.  Kate is an incredible writer, and I love how she shares everything from antiquing adventures to recipes with good writing and even better personality.
    I hope you'll stick around for the whole series...and everything in between.  I'm so excited about the direction things are going, and I think this series is the perfect way to kick things off!

P.S. Tonight on the menu...shrimp and grits!  I'll be letting you in on the recipe tomorrow.  Yum...can't wait!

Allyson

5 comments

Rachae and Janelle said...

I noticed this as well! So many great southern blots... makes me a bit lonely up here in the PNW. :)

Allyson McGuire said...

I'm glad you've stopped by! I hope you'll stick around for the whole series. You're probably my farthest away comment so far, and I couldn't be more excited! This is what's so great about blogging...and southern or not, your blog looks like it's going to be just fantastic!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

Debbiedoos said...

Hi there! Welcome to blogging. I came over via Rhoda's facebook post. She is a sweet heart! I host a newbie party every Monday and would love to have you next week. Great way to meet some new bloggers and make some new friends out here too.

Your Southern Peach said...

I have never considered this but you are so right! I adore Rhoda and Kate's blogs and will be sure to check out the others too. :)

Allyson McGuire said...

Thanks for stopping by! I could probably fill up a year with featuring southern blogs, but these are so great. The post about the Liebster Award is up now!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com