Sweet Southern Sundays Vol. 2 - Meet Kendra

Although I can't tell you exactly when or how I found all of the blogs I read, I can certainly tell you what I love about them. Last week I introduced you to Rhoda at Southern Hospitality, and I hope you all loved it as much as I do. This week it is such a pleasure to introduce you to Kendra at Southern Disposition.

 

    I have to admit...I follow blogs constantly.  I see something I like and I follow the blog so that they'll show up on my Dashboard.  When I finally get around to looking through all of the blogs I've followed, I find the most incredible crafts, posts, and inspiration. 
    Thus begins my story with Southern Disposition.  When I saw Kendra's
DIY dollhouse, I knew that I needed to be checking in a lot more frequently.


    Not only are the craft ideas on this site so adorable, but the tutorials are so real.  I love looking at incredible projects, but if it looks like it might take four bazillion hours to complete that's kind of a deal breaker for me.  Every tutorial I have seen here looks like it could be done by real people!
    The Errant Thought Roundups are probably one of my very favorites.  Using a sweet, little poem (that she wrote herself - two thumbs up!) Kendra manages to sort out her thoughts in a way that makes me wish I wasn't so long-winded. 
    As much as I love reading the BIG blogs, there is something so encouraging to me about reading blogs that are so down-to-earth.  Southern Disposition has a real voice and real character, and I am so thrilled that Kendra agreed to be part of this series.  She is able to share her life, crafty and otherwise, with her readers without coming across as fake or showy in any way.  As always, the crafts draw me in, but the ability to share keeps me along for the ride.
    If you're here because Kendra sent you, then I hope you stick around!  If you aren't...well, I still hope you stick around, but then hop on over to Southern Disposition and see how great it is for yourself!

Happy blogging,
Allyson

10 comments

Kendra said...

Yay!! SD sounds way better in this post than it does in my head :) - Thank you for the flattering words...I'm so happy to be a part of this series!

Allyson McGuire said...

Thank you for the sweet comment and for agreeing to be a part of it!

Allyson

Unknown said...

Hello Allyson! Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm so glad you stopped by! I've always wanted to build a dollhouse! I will put it on my growing list of projects. I'm tackling a sewing project at the moment. It's only taken me 3+ hours to cut out a pattern and trace it on to freezer paper!
Have a wonderful week!

Allyson McGuire said...

Thank you for stopping by! If you are wanting to build a dollhouse, I would use all of Kendra's tutorials. I hope you'll stick around for the rest of the series.

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

Christie said...

Allyson, thanks for stopping by Three Pixie Lane! I pinned the dollhouse, as well! I have been trying (forever) to refinish mine that I had as a little girl. This has given me some GREAT ideas! So glad to 'meet' you! Christie

The Three Sweet Peas said...

Allyson,
Thanks for the highlight! I always enjoy reading about different people!
Have a great day!

XOXO
Stacie

Rachae and Janelle said...

Cutest doll house!

Allyson McGuire said...

Thank you for the comment! I'm glad to have you following along. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Allyson

Allyson McGuire said...

Thanks for stopping by. I have so loved reading this blog, and I'm so excited to share it with everyone!

Allyson

Allyson McGuire said...

I am still so impressed by it! I know mine would be a big gluey mess. Thanks for stopping by!

Allyson