Sweet Southern Sundays Vol. 1 - Meet Rhoda

W
 eek one of Sweet Southern Sundays takes us to Atlanta, Georgia and Rhoda of Southern Hospitality.  When I started blogging, I happened across Southern Hospitality, and was immediately drawn in.  Although Rhoda's decorating and thrift sale finds are always amazing and definitely enough to grab your attention, it has been her sweet spirit and willingness to share the "not-so-picture-perfect" side of things that has kept me coming back.


   
    This is Rhoda, and behind the adorable smile and cute jewelry is a steel magnolia with an incredible eye for design.  There are so many aspects of her site that I love, that I can't even think of where to begin!

    Feature Friday
    I think this one might be my absolute favorite.  Every Friday Southern Hospitality posts a beautiful photo tour and glowing description of a home, room, or blog that deserves a pat on the back just for being amazing.  I have found several of my favorite blogs through Feature Friday and am still finding new ones to follow.

    Thrifty Treasures
    During the spring and summer, Rhoda hosts Thrifty Treasures linky parties every Monday.  I love any sort of linky party, but these are always really great, and she features some of the best finds on the list.  


    As if these aren’t enough inspiration, there are always posts about cooking and decorating that make you want to redecorate your whole house and then whip up dinner to celebrate.

    It’s not just the great ideas that make this blog such a joy to read.  Rhoda’s sweet spirit is evident in every single post, and after she so graciously agreed to be a part of this series, I’m sure I’ll be logging into Southern Hospitality for a long time to come.
    There is no possible way that I could detail every great feature of this blog in one little post.  If you’ve never spent time exploring Southern Hospitality then you definitely should, and if you’re here because Rhoda sent you, please explore and enjoy.

Happy blogging,

Allyson

Photo credits – Rhoda at Southern Hospitality.

10 comments

Rebekah Lindenmayer said...

Great post. I love finding new blogs to stalk.

Allyson McGuire said...

Thanks! This one is definitely one of my favorites. There are a lot more coming, so I hope you'll stick around.

Thanks
Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with the Southern Style blogs. There are many of them, some better than others. Southern Hospitality and Southern Disposition are some of my favorites. Great job with your series!
It's very informational for beginning bloggers.
-Anna

Allyson McGuire said...

Thanks!

The Three Sweet Peas said...

Hi Allyson,
Thanks for visiting my new home! YES, I love the new design. It is one of the best things that I did. New and fresh like the new year! :) Great feature. See you very SOON!

XOXO
Stacie

Allyson McGuire said...

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll come back for the rest of the features! Best of luck with your new layout.

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Thank you Allyson! I will add a link over here, I was out of town over the weekend & without internet service at home, so trying to get caught up! Thanks so much for the sweet feature!

Amanda said...

So fun! And yes Rhoda is a true southern sweetheart. She was one of the first blogs I started following.

Allyson McGuire said...

Thanks for the link, and again for agreeing to be a part of this! I love how supportive this community is!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

Allyson McGuire said...

Thanks for stopping by! I could probably fill up a week's worth of posts just about her blog - definitely a favorite!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com