Matrimonial Musings

    Even though we are in the very, very early stages of thinking about the wedding, I still have about a million ideas running through my head…and across my Pinterest.  We won’t start doing anything concrete for several months, but I thought I might share some general ideas with you for what I’m thinking.
   
First things first…definitely early summer (next summer, not this one).  I know it’ll be hot and humid (got to love that West Tennessee weather), but I feel like that will be the furthest thing from my mind.
    If I could control the weather, I would love to get married outside…but I can’t, and as a worrier/control freak, I just can’t do that to myself.  It’s just as well though; I love the church I grew up in, and there will be plenty of room for everybody there!
    Now for my theme/color scheme/inspiration…

    Peach!  I know that peach by itself can be sort of a sickly color; that’s why I’m going with an actual peach.  There are so many colors in peaches that I feel like it’s going to make my search for flowers a little easier.  I’m thinking yellows, oranges, peachy tones – super summery.
    I know plans change, and I’m sure my thoughts will shift a little between now and then, but I really love these colors, so I feel like I’ll stick with them.
    For now, I only plan on having one bridesmaid (my sister), and I’ve gone back and forth about what color I think she should wear.  Originally, I was thinking about putting a honeydewish green with my peachy colors, but now I am really in the navy blue camp.  Navy will be a really classy complement to the peaches, and it will look really pretty on my sister!
image
    I love this color (I like the dress, but since I’m just having my sister, I feel like we can look for something really fabulous)!
    I don’t have a picture for it yet, but I want the men in charcoal gray.  I fell in love with the navy blue and then briefly panicked about them wearing black (I just couldn’t have it).  I love gray, so this is a win-win.  It’s not nearly as harsh as black, and it will look so nice with the blue!
    As for the big stuff: dress, cake, flowers, I don’t have any concrete ideas yet.  All I know is that I want it to be simple and sweet.  I would never want my wedding to overshadow the fact that I’m getting married.  I’m about a billion times more excited about being a wife than planning a wedding…even though I think it’s going to be so fun!  You can follow me on Pinterest (through the link to the left or at the top of the post) if you’re wondering what other sorts of wedding thoughts pop into my head.
    I have lots of other ideas…I’ll definitely be sharing once we get a little closer and can start doing some real planning.  For now I’ll just stick to Pinterest and my bridal magazines!

Allyson

12 comments

Jess at Just Rainbows and Butterflies said...

Okay, so glad I found your blog! I love love weddings and plannings and can't wait to see what you pick as the day gets closer.

Also, I'm in my friend's wedding in May and her dress color is navy blue, but we can pick our own dresses. I love the one you picked for your sister and might have to get it for myself. Its really fabulous.

Allyson McGuire said...

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so excited to share my plans with everyone. I have seen a ton of pretty navy dresses; I hope you find something incredible!

Sarah said...

Such cute ideas! I love that you are keeping it simple and meaningful. I love the idea of gray suits! I agree that they have a much softer look.

Allyson McGuire said...

Thank you so much for the comment! I am really loving the ideas I have right now. I can't wait to get down to it.

Teresa said...

How exciting!
It will be absolutely beautiful - I can't wait to see your plans as you go along!

Allyson McGuire said...

Thank you so much for the comment! I am so excited to share it with all of you!

The Lindsey Family said...

Congratulations on your engagement! What an exciting time, and I am loving the navy blue.

Happy planning!

Allyson McGuire said...

Thank you so much for stopping by and the congratulations! I am so so so looking forward to doing some real planning.

Miss Southern Prep said...

Ahhh wedding planning--how exiting! I love the idea of a navy dress with the peach color! Good luck with all of the planning!

Allyson McGuire said...

Thank you so much for the comment! I am so excited about everything right now! Thanks for the well wishes.

Lexi said...

Pinterest is amazing + so so helpful for wedding planning and I love the idea of a navy bridesmaids dress - it's elegant and flattering on everyone!
♡ Lexi
FASHION: Glitter & Pearls
WEDDINGS: Glitter Weddings

Allyson McGuire said...

Thank you so much for stopping by! All of these sweet comments are so encouraging. I would love for you to follow along and keep up with the plans!